I felt like making a list today. So I jotted down a few of my favorite things. They are the things in my life (aside from the obvious, such as family and friends) that bring me enjoyment in life. Some are elusive, others are common. Some are things I either seek or keep by my side when I'm out making Montana photography. And if they don't bring a smile to my face, they do provide me a sense of zen. So without further ado, here is my list of a few of my favorite things:
1. Corn on the cob.
2. Mechanical keyboards.
3. Black raspberries (a.k.a. black caps).
4. Cholula Hot Sauce (though Sriracha Rooster sauce is a close second).
6. When the Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears.
7. Standing the base of a tall mountain.
9. Palomino Blackwing 602 pencils.
11. Led Zeppelin.
13. Walking Dead.
14. Sleeping for more than seven hours without having to pee.
15. Women who wear sundresses.
18. My iPad tablet.
19. My Domke Chronicle camera bag.
20. Hand planes.
22. Old issues of Life magazine.
23. Getting lost on Montana's gravel roads.
25. Parking my truck under a pivot irrigation system to wash it.
26. Women who still wear a hint of perfume.
27. Chocolate malts.
28. Aggressive spam filters.
29. Muck Boots.
31. Old school analog electronics. The more retro and the more analog the better.
32. The hour after the sun comes up.
35. My Accusharp knife sharpener.
36. Hitting triple word scores.
37. Past episodes of Seinfeld.
38. Daily Mail Online.
39. Digg Reader.
40. Fresh green beans.
41. Free WiFi.
43. Anything painted by Mark Rothko.
44. Swallows and purple martins.
47. The Strokes.
48. Customers who pay on time.
49. Going to the farmers market.
50. Peeling the plastic off new electronics.
51. Advertising Age magazine.
52. Telling stories.
53. Northern lights (a.k.a. aurora borealis).
54. Brick cheese.
55. P-51 Mustangs.
58. 64 gigabytes of RAM.
60. Old maps.